Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Calgary - Zandvoort

    April 14, 2023 in the Netherlands ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    We arrived in Holland after a long 9-hour flight. We tried hard to sleep on the packed plane but just weren’t very successful. We used the Timeshifter app to help us deal with jet lag which said we should sleep in the plane, so we tried to rest the best we could. At the airport we jumped on the train (after much figuring out what tickets to buy and what train or bus we needed to take). We ended up at Amsterdam Central station were we went to eat at Pancakes Amsterdam (nothing like North American pancakes). We waited in line to eat some expensive but oh so delicious breakfast. The main square was insanely busy which was a little shock to our sluggish brains. We navigated the crowds, bikes and vehicles and jumped back on the train to head to Zandvoort. We were early for check in, so we walked to Center Parc dropped off our bags and headed to the beach. Center Parcs is a network of family holiday villages in nature. The beach went on forever and the clouds were picture perfect. Wow! We walked back, exploring the beach town of Zandvoort. We sat and rested in front of the church were Mom went to Sunday school and we went into Albert Hein grocery store to stock up for dinner. We will stay here for a week.

    Walked - 15.18km
    Read more