Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Waiheke Island, Last Day in New Zealand

    March 10, 2019 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    On our last day in Auckland, we decided to get out of the city and visit one of the nearby islands in the gulf. Waiheke Island is just a 40-minute ferry ride away, and features vineyards, olive groves, beaches and hiking trails with 360-degree views.

    With clearing skies and perfect temperatures, it was a great way to wrap up an amazing journey in this beautiful country.

    The Kiwis have a lot of pride in their country and they really enjoy sharing it with visitors. They also are dedicated to restoring and maintaining its indigenous plants and birds, and their environmental stewardship is in evidence everywhere.

    New Zealand’s natural features are so spectacular, the country is so clean and the roads were in fantastic condition for driving and biking. We feel lucky to have had a chance to experience so many of the natural wonders of this country and meet its people. As Courtney would say, “so good!” and “sweet as!”

    As we head to Hawaii for a few days on the way home, we’re signing off of this travelogue. Thanks for sharing with us!
    Read more