Satellite
Show on map
  • Away we go...

    May 6, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    After more than a year of planning (and many more saving) we are finally on the road!

    We will be in South & East Africa for ~6 months before heading to Madagascar, Reunion, Mauritius and India. Then to Antarctica, through South & Central America and Mexico where we hope to be ~18 months before returning briefly to the US before our move to New Zealand.

    We so appreciate the many individual, group and team send-offs, phone calls, texts and well-wishes from friends, colleagues and family members near and far. We vacated our beloved apartment in North Beach and officially became homeless on May 1st. For the past few days we have relied on the generosity of family to house, feed and entertain us until we left.
    Thanks to the Medina family for giving us a comfy place to hang out, store our stuff, and play; to Virginia & Marco for a great meal under the redwoods; and to the Davis family for letting us relax at your wonderful home (and store more of our stuff!), eat great food and enjoy your company.

    We will miss you all, but will be keeping in close touch over the next couple of years.
    Read more