Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 273

    Pucon

    February 3, 2018 in Chile ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    What should have been an easy travel day from Argentina into Chile turned into a slog because we’d decided to pick up a rental car from the airport rather than going directly into Pucon (a simple 5 hour bus trip from San Martin). Our questionable choice involved backtracking a few hours, having to replace an initially faulty rental car, and sitting in some crazy beach traffic. The city is very busy this time of year as it’s the go-to vacation spot for young Chileans and families who flock to beaches near the area’s pretty lakes.
    The town was a too busy for us, but the setting was beautiful with good views of several volcanoes.
    We’d come here to experience the hot springs that our friend, Christine, had recommended. They were absolutely incredible. The Termas Geometricas were set in a narrow gorge with a creek running through it and featured a series of pools (ranging in temperature from very cold to extra hot) connected by red, wooden walkways. This was definitely a special place and even prettier than any hot pools we’d seen in Japan or elsewhere. We arrived just after opening time so got to enjoy the space before the after lunch crowd arrived.
    Read more