Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 519

    Ginza, Tokyo

    October 7, 2018 in Japan ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Tokyo was fantastic! We absolutely love this city and it’s many, many hidden treasures. While some might see it as an overwhelming concrete jungle, we found it to be one of the most livable cities imaginable. It’s clean, safe and there are lots of parks and green spaces – plus - endless small shops and restaurants lend so much character to the many different neighborhoods. We were also surprised by just how quiet the city is when you get off the main streets.
    While here, we fell into a happy routine of walking or taking the subway out to a different neighborhood each morning to explore and find somewhere good for lunch. Usually back for an afternoon nap, out for some exercise along the nearby Sumida river, then back home to cook dinner and plan our next day.
    A few highlights were kayaking on the city’s canals, visiting a sumo stable to see some intense practice, doing a fancy cocktail tasting at a small bar, and enjoying seriously great food and sampling many delicious sweets (hence the need to eat salad most nights and get back into a running routine).
    It was hard to leave the city, but we are sure we’ll be back.
    Read more