Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 71

    Campitello Matese & Roccamandolfi

    May 31, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    We've got up at 4:30am again. But started at 5:20am. All the clothes and shoes are wet. So I switched to the dry second T-shirt and shorts. But I've used the wet shoes and socks. They got drenched in some minutes anyway. Lots of grass to walk thru and that's really wet.
    Today I am tired. And don't have much energy to hike fast or far. The path to the ski resort was like in the Alps. Tricky to hike and not too slip. Not really well marked. You need to watch to the GPS frequently. So in all a bit up and down. But took much longer as usual.
    The scenery with that cold and someone's foggy weather was interesting. But the ski resort was more like a construction yard with only 2 workers. So we've immediately hiked further to the next small village.
    That's where we buy some food and charge the phone in a bar again.

    Today is the same as everyday now. The room against the time. The rain will arrive between noon and evening. But today we have no real destination to stay. So we must decide on the go.

    10:30am and 15km trail already. Now it gets uphill again. In the heat I guess. Not too much water on the way. That can be problematic with the dog sometimes. Let's see.
    Read more