Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Hillsdale Lake State Park.

    October 6, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 59 °F

    Got up at 0500 , left FLW Cmgd in the dark at 0600. Drove up to Olathe for service on Deuce at Premier Freightliner. Dropped her off at 10 minutes before her 10:00 appt. Went to IHOP for breakfast , here we learned the 2x2x2 for Seniors is $9.29 versus 6.99 on the menu. Bizarre. Then off to run errands , got knives sharpened at Ace Hardware, new hiking shoes at REI.
    This afternoon checked into Hillsdale Lake SP Sunflower loop. Very large concrete pad sites with full hook ups. Open prairie , no shade or view of lake. Pictures to follow.
    Off to dinner with Cindy and Chuck , we hadn’t ever tried Culver’s, so gave it a go. Very busy Friday night. Food was okay, lots of menu options to explore. To loud and tired to hang out and try custard style ice cream.
    Minnie & Pearl had fun meeting the Atteberry pup, Bailey. Lot of attempts to play but all not quite sure. Miss Peanut, now the senior lady, observed.
    Windy, and cool today on our arrival in Kansas. Low of 39° tonight, fireplace on, and thermostats set accordingly.
    A good weekend with the Kansas kids and dogs. Pearl and Bailey found a comfort and play level with each other. Peanut and Minnie mostly observed.
    Good visit, ate to much, nice fall weather and in a very sloppy game Chiefs beat Vikings.
    Read more