Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Lake Norman, North Carolina

    July 20, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 82 °F

    What's here: Boats, Lakeside, and lots of fun

    A Dale-selected layover at Lake Norman has proved to be inspired. We have a lovely view of the lake (Lake Norman RV Resort), a resort with a lakeside bar, and all the entertainment of watching this boat culture set in the middle of North Carolina.

    Lots of building going on and with the lake having a maze of inlets and coves, almost everyone has a lakeside home--usually largish with a dock and a boat waiting to play with. We went to the Blue Parrot for dinner (dog-friendly) and enjoyed watching the 20-somethings pull up to the dock on their jet skis, and older groups in their boats and pontoon boats come alongside to have dinner at the bar and hang out. Inevitably one of the jet skis would capsize--are they really made for 3 or 4?--while their buddies took off down the lake. We could just envision Glenna and her buddy Arielle loving it.

    My idea of local food is biscuits and grits, but Dale was brave enough to try livermush for breakfast. As its name implies, its a combination of pigs liver, cornmeal and 'head parts'.
    Read more