Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Chicagoooo

    November 2, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    Yesterday we left Iowa and drove through a lot of Wisconsin where we bought too much cheese. You have to though right? Then we called up my Great Aunt Peggy who lives in Chicago who was more than happy to let us stay with them. We said we would take Peggy and Ray out to dinner but she said that wasn't necessary and then called back 5 minutes​ later to ask if we wanted chicken or pork. Very sweet lady. Super talkative. And so Brady in the way that she's always the perfect host. Forcing us to eat food and take things. She French braided my hair which she was really excited about because her granddaughters don't like it so much. She and Ray argued a bit about what we should see while we're in the city and how to get there. After a much needed shower and sleep in a real bed, Peggy dropped us off this morning at the L train and we headed downtown. I think we nailed Chicago. We saw Sears tower ( which is now called Willis tower) and the bean (which is called cloud gate), the Picasso sculpture, Birmingham fountain, the public library, lake Michigan, and walked around the downtown area. We had deep dish pizza at a place Ray suggested (delicious). It's a really nice city. I could stay here and look and shops and museums for days. Super shout out again to Peggy and Ray who have been so kind letting us stay with them, feeding us, and for their cheery hospitality. Made my experience in Chicago all the better.

    More adventures tomorrow!
    Read more