Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 90

    Jakarta -> Bandung

    February 12, 2023 in Indonesia ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    10 a.m. - After we got ready for check out we went to the old town to check out the old buildings for the dutch colonialism. On our way to the old town we passed by a shop which sold exotic animals, monkeys, birds etc. The were all in to small cages and definitely not kept in a species-appropriate manner. In the old town we found the café Bativa where we got some breakfast. It was in an old building and the interior gave me the vibe of the colonial time. We had a great view on a square and the museum’s there but it was quite expensive for what you got. After breakfast we wanted to continue our exploring but we got stopped from all the school classes there. They got the assignment to talk to us to improve their english and we had to take a lot of photos and signatures again. Even more than the day before. At some point it got a little bit much and we had to catch a train anyways so we had a good excuse.

    12:15 p.m. - We got a cab to the Gambir train station.

    1:15 p.m. - The train departure to Bandung. It was my first train while traveling and the experience was great. The seats weren’t as comfortable as the ones in the bus but we drove through a beautiful scenery. A scenery of local villages in the nature, gorgeous rice fields, other farms etc.

    5 p.m. - We arrived in Bandung, cab to hostel and met some people we know from Jakarta. Furthermore we did some research of what we want to do and booked a tour for the next day.

    6:30 p.m. - Later we went to a food market close to our accommodation. Unfortunately the had more or less just DimSum and a lot of sneaker stores which sold faked hypebeast sneakers. The food we got there was not the best but better than nothing. The rest of the evening was chilled with the other guys from the hostel.

    P.S.: The traffic in Jakarta is horrible.
    Read more