Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 95

    Yogyakarta

    February 17, 2023 in Indonesia

    8:30 a.m. - I got the free breakfast in the hostel and kinda planned the day.

    9:30 a.m. - Brian, Robin and I left into the direction of Borobudur.

    10:30 a.m. - On the way was the Grojogang Watu waterfall where we made a little stop for some shot’s with the drone. Afterwards we continued to Borobudur and somehow we endet up in some kind of motorbike gang. All these kids were blocking the streets, screaming and honking.

    11:30 a.m. - Anyways we arrived at Borobudur. Brian tried to get in with a already expired ticket but obviously it didn’t work out. So he waited somewhere else. Robin and I met up with Jakob inside and we got a guide to learn actually something about the history. Luckily we had a good timing because it was almost empty. The guide told us thats because it was Friday so there are no school classes and everyone else is in the mosque for prayer. We learned a lot about the history of the temple, how it was build, restored etc. It was very interesting but to be honest I didn’t understood everything the guide tried to tell us. Furthermore I was melting because all the volcano stones reflected the heat.

    2:30 p.m. - After our tour we met up with Brian again. He went into a local café where he talked to some locals and we joined. Planned was to just stay there for a coffee and a bit of rest and go then to the Chicken Church but unfortunately it started to rain again. So instead we just chilled there, got some nice shots with the great rice field view, tried some coffee cherry wine kind of drink, and got really nice fried tempe. Robin and I booked a cooking class for the early evening but we didn’t wanted to drive 1:30h back in the rain. Apparently we had no choice but the way back was very beautiful and adventurous. We drove a smaller street through the mountains and the further we got back to the center the less got the rain.

    5 p.m. - We were a bit late for the Via Via cooking class but Lala out Chef wasn’t mad. In total we were three people and we cooked two and a half dishes. One dish was a fried tuna with a sweet and sour sauce + rice, the second one was a classic vegetable curry and we also made some caramel tempe. I got all the recipes to cook it at home also except of the caramel tempe. I really enjoyed that we were such a small group and I had a lot if fun + the food was amazing a bit much for three person but we almost ate everything.

    caramel tempe:
    fried garlic, fried shallots, soya ketchup, chili, palm sugar, lime leaf, 1 tl sugar, 2 tl water -> caramel sauce + fried tempe

    8 p.m. - We got back and I took a shower, packed my stuff and had a call with my mom.

    11:30 p.m. - Later Brian and I walk to the train station because we had a night train to Malang.
    Read more