Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Clem's Place

    April 27, 2019 in Papua New Guinea ⋅ 🌧 29 °C

    We woke up and after regular breakfast the plan was to visit another little island and go Spearfishing. We threw our gear in the boat and reached the island which was only a short boat drive away. Apparently, when the wind comes from a certain direction and it’s not raining sometimes you get service on that island. That didn’t hold true for the day.
    The island was a really nice remote place, we could find a lot of shells and coral. We got back on the boat and anchored a few metres away from the island, jumped in the wanted with spears and looked for especially crayfish. After 2 hours we had gotten to quite some fishes (Etto got a few at least) and even more crayfish. While Etto and Lio were still in the water Tim got taught how to drive the banana boat which was fun.
    Once the other two guys got back on the boat Tim drove the boat back to our island. On the way, suddenly a huge amount of dolphins appeared next to our boat, probably 20 or so. We were driving back home and they were swimming and jumping out of the water next to us the whole time, literally just a few meters away from the boat. When we stopped and tried to go in the water with them however they disappeared, once we started going again they returned.
    Back at Clem’s place we had a well-deserved lunch, vegetables and the fish we had just caught. Basically, Clem’s place is just about fishing, surfing, snorkeling, spearfishing and chilling. That’s what you do there the whole time.
    The afternoon consisted of going strolling, snorkeling and surfing again. At first we tried wakesurfing behind the boat. It was more of a mixture between wakeboarding and wakesurfing though because the boat didn’t make a good enough wave to get pulled behind the boat without a rope. We stopped at the surf break to take a few waves.
    We got back and went strolling and snorkeling. In the evening we ate the crayfish we had spearfished in the morning, chilled and went to bed.
    Read more