Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Clem's Place

    April 26, 2019 in Papua New Guinea ⋅ 🌧 28 °C

    We woke up and got some breakfast from Clem’s wife. We always got tea, marmalade, bread and fresh fruits. After breakfast we geared up the boats with snorkeling, fishing and surf equipment.
    We got on the boat and first drove to a surf break. We obviously had it only for ourselves and Lio, the sons/cousins of Clem and me went surfing. It was a nice point break that was actually barrelling at times.
    After two hours we got back on the boat, put out the fishing rods and started catching some fish, mostly skipjack and yellowfin tuna.
    On the way back home we stopped close to the home island to go snorkeling. In WWII there was a pretty big war between Japanese and Australians/Americans in this area, so you can find many plane and shipwrecks in the area. Next to the island there is a 100m long Japanese war shipwreck only a few metres below the surface. We went in the water and could actually see it quite well even without diving equipment.
    Reaching back to the island we got some lunch, fresh vegetables and guess what, fish. After lunch Lio and Etto went for another snorkeling session on the other side of the island. Tim could see that he was already sunburned from the surf session thus he rather stayed indoors and took a nap.
    When the guys returned we went for another boat cruise to catch some more fish. When getting back we played some games in the common area and got dinner - fish of course once again. We eventually went to bed. As there were no lights or anything after 7pm, basically we could as well just go to sleep around 8pm.
    Read more