Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Nusa Island Resort

    April 29, 2019 in Papua New Guinea ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Etto had left back to Sydney before breakfast already, when we woke up we first had breakfast buffet. There was this parrot that would always eat your fruits during breakfast. The restaurant was just next to the water under some kind of Palapa.
    The day consisted of much, this time more luxurious, chilling. So first things first, Lio got an ocean wash to his denim shorts, apparently the first one since Ilha Granhe. Afterwards we rented some SUPs from the resort and paddled to the island next door for a hike. On that island there were still bunkers, weapons, artillery, shipwrecks and other WWII relics, so we checked them out. Just when we arrived on the other side of the island it again started pouring like there is no tomorrow. We still wanted to go the full circle, so we ended up getting soaked again. Finally back we took the SUP and went back to the hotel to chill once more.
    After lunch we went for a snorkeling trip to look for the shipwreck again. Again, no luck in finding it. Also the locals didn’t seem to understand what we were asking them the whole time. After an hour we cut our losses and paddled back to the hotel. In the afternoon Tim went with the Aussie guy and his girlfriend to another surf break relatively nearby.
    Back in the hotel we chilled, had dinner at the buffet again and went to bed.
    Read more