Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 503

    Colón

    October 1, 2017 in Panama ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    We had a couple of spare days before loading so we drove over to the Caribbean coast again and spent a couple of days chilling out. I left Jo & Maya at a hostel near the marina and drove back to Colón. It was very strange to spend a night without company but in the morning rain I drove to meet our shipping agent. We had arranged to share a container with a couple of aussie dudes, and we drove down with another couple of cars for the loading.

    I had to drive up onto the back of a pick up truck, which then raised its bed so we could drive into the container. We measured a few weeks ago and knew it would be tight for height, but we ended up having a few inches to spare. It wasn't quite so generous at the sides, and the folded in wing mirrors had less than an inch of leeway, but without much ado I squeezed Elvis in.

    From there we breezed through customs and that was it - hopefully we would see Elvis again in Columbia!

    We then had 3 days to kill before our yacht sailed, and there really wasn't much around so we chilled at the hostel and explored the local bays, islands and marinas.
    Read more