Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 567

    Al Bosque (Into The Woods)

    December 4, 2017 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    After Elvis ground his way out of the incredibly steep side of Medellìn's valley he then had to negotiate some amazingly twisty back roads that Wales or NZ would be jealous of. Smoking hot radiator and brakes we finally pull in to Al Bosque Glamping and are immediately calmed by the relaxed nature of this great camp ground. As the crow flies we're probably less than 10 miles from where we started but way higher up at 2000 masl so the air is cool and clean, plus there are views to die for.

    We stayed here a week and made good use of the two cable cars that run from the national park down into the city, connecting with the metro that runs the length of the city.

    Maya loved this place and was immediately one of her resident pack, eating with them and following people out on walks. We took advantage and left her a couple of times as its not really fair to her being pulled around on busy streets.

    We needed to leave as I'd stupidly only brought 2 months worth of insurance, thinking we might be in Ecuador by now, and knowing there were loads of places to buy it. There are, but as it happens not for foreigners so after a wasted day in horrible Rio Negro we returned to Al Bosque and I spent the next day traipsing around the city sorting it out.

    Still a great place to stay and really nice host, David.
    Read more