Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Arab Springs

    September 11, 2023 in Jordan ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    After a sumptuous breakfast we lazed around the infinity pool looking out over the West Bank, only tearing ourselves away from the luxury at noon check out time, noting the car stated 37C!

    We drove up the steep switchbacks to the panoramic view point. Fortunately coming up to sea level (!) had dropped the tempature to a mere 32C. We even managed to explore the short trail for some great views, took in an interesting little museum and cooled off with a gelato.

    Another short stint took us down to the Ma'In Hot Springs Hotel(-280masl). Again a lovely hotel but without the sprawling complex filled with rich people on Wall-e style golf carts. In fact there was barely another soul here!

    We tried the first pool, but way too hot at around 30C, the insanely hot sauna room was given short shrift, but much to Goldilocks credit the 3rd one was just right. Too hot to do much else we lazed around for the afternoon with some chilled Ibiza classics blazing, as we were the only ones there!

    We briefly ventured up to the public pools, but they were pretty hot so we had a soak in the hotel hot pool before sundowners and a delicious Jordanian dinner in a lovely setting.
    Read more