Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Red Sea Diving

    September 16, 2023 in Jordan ⋅ ☀️ 34 °C

    We left Wadi Rum early morning and a couple of hours later we were in Aqada on the Red Sea. We shunned the main town and checked in to a dive hotel on the coast.

    After chilling by the pool for a a couple of hours we got peckish so drove down to the main resort area. Security let us in despite no hotel reservation there and we had a great happy hour burger and beer before claiming a sun lounger. That evening we wondered down to the public beach and the little beach bar for a light supper.

    The next morning we had an amazing dive on huge wreck just a short distance off shore. The brummie dive master briefed us for a 35 min dive so was impressed when someone my size lasted for 55 mins. Any dive you see a turtle on is a good dive, but we saw loads including a massive Barracuda, Durban Dancing Shrimp, Lion & Scorpion fish.

    The second dive was a much more gentle, shallow (11m) exploring the coral pinnacles. It was also a lovely long dive, but not quite as memorable as the wreck.

    Despite expending as little engery (& therefore air) diving makes you super hungry, so back to the resort happy and beach again.
    Read more