Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Arrival at Funana, first night

    January 10, 2023 in Sweden ⋅ ☁️ 4 °C

    The fuelling was over in no time and soon we were up in the air again. The ride was uneventful and with no view whatsoever other than the blue sky and sea. Then, out of nowhere, the islands of Cape Verde rose. The plane made a turn round the island of Sal before landing and we had a nice view of the small town of Santa Maria as well as the resorts lining up the coast line before the landing. The island, in contrast to the name, isn't very green at all. It looks rather un developed with these polished hotels and their planted gardens and sapphire blue pools.

    The boarder control was uneventful and we were packed on to a bus that shipped all us us 30 passengers onto the resorts that we previously flewn passed. Our hotel is called Funana after the local Cape Verdian dance. We have a one room apartment where we let the kids have the two beds and me and Bengt took the pull out sofa. No complaints at all. I will add some pictures later when the room is cleaned and tidied. :)

    The TUI flight was somewhat scares with food and drinks (one meal plus fika and no drinks other than tea and coffee) so we headed straight to the snack bar after we checked in. Among other services the hotel provides lighter meals between 1 pm to 5 which turned out to be hamburgers, salads, fruits, sandwiches and more. We ate and took of to explore the resort. From the looks of it the staff put us in the family corner, close to the play ground mad pool area and a bit further from the party areas and the bars..we are happy with that.

    After trying out the pool quality and visiting the dinner buffet we all ended up in bed, absolutely exhausted. We fell asleep soon after.
    Read more