Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 98

    We made it!!

    July 14, 2015 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    What a day! We walked all the way to Santiago today-40 kilometers (almost a marathon)!
    I am really impressed. I thought that since we are walking into a bigger city it would be ugly , but the entire way was very beautiful. We walked through small woods, past rolling hills, past villages, past other pilgrims. ..At the edge of town is a huge albergue with 400 beds that many pilgrims stay at. It's an ancient monastery building. We decided to do this in our style because the big phrase on the Camino is, "It's your Camino". We are staying in a luxury hotel at the top of the hill on the edge of town. It has a wonderful pool and excellent food; both very welcome after walking in 97 degree sunshine all day. Buen Camino!
    P.S. You know you are on the Camino when a rooster comes out of a hedge and you don't think anything of it, when a large cow with horns brushes past you and you , at first think nothing of it, then think, "wow, that was large", and when you notice that people speaking in all languages possible are just so happy to be taking time away from their rushed, hectic lives. We are, after all, so very much the same.
    Read more