Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Day One: Prague

    September 10, 2022 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☁️ 66 °F

    We got free upgrades in seating so I had yards of leg room for the first time.
    We departed out of Terminal A for the first time. Parking was easy and we crossed the road right into the ticketing and security. Fastest we have ever moved through to the gate.
    This is our seventh trip with Bruce and Kim. The first time was in 1997. Linda and I have had two trips by ourselves, one while I was in the USCG in 1984.
    This is the second time we flew in and out of Frankfurt.once with Paul, Michelle, and Abbie.
    Flight time is 9 h 12 m.
    Kim found a great deal on a car and we are driving a Skoda SW. Nice car. However we had low tire pressure and had to stop to fill with air.
    Never. Never. Never drive 7 hours after the long flight. Our destination is Prague.
    Prague
    Arrived in Prague a little after 5 pm. Beautiful city on the Vitava river. We are staying at the Grand Hotel Bohemia. Upon arrival, we decided to hit the tour walk and get dinner. Linda and I tried the Goloush, Kim had a bread bowl of Goloush soup and Bruce had Beef Stroganoff. The goulash was hearty, the potato pancakes and dumpling were good
    Traditional dish in the Czech Republic.
    We then toured the Old Town. The square is huge with several churches on the square. There is an abundance of restaurants with wonderful smells filling the air. We walked to the Charles Bridge taking lots of night time shots, which was the reason for visiting. We found the people to be open and friendly. I would definitely return to Prague.
    Great first day.
    Read more