Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 21

    Last Days - Winding Up the Trip

    September 20, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    We took the express train from Busan to Seoul. It only took two and a half hours from the south eastern corner of the country to the north western corner. Once again, there were lots of tunnels but also spots of agriculture and more huge clusters of apartment buildings. We changed to the metro in Seoul for the trip out to Incheon and our final night in South Korea. The hotel was located right across the road from the metro station and in a complex with a number of eating places around. We had chicken and beer as a late lunch and then later that evening found a dumpling place around the corner for a snack.

    Our flight next morning was at 10:15 which meant getting the 7:00 shuttle. Breakfast started at 6:30 and we were first in line when the doors opened. We checked in to discover that we would not be able to re-enter Vietnam as our visa was only for single entry. Damn! I mis-interpreted "valid for thirty days" to also mean "multiple entry". I would need to cancel our accommodation which was only a $30 short-stay (yeah, I know, sounds real dodgy right? Rooms by the hour??) We would just have to utilise the sleeping pods and lounge chairs at Ho Chi Minh instead.

    It started to rain when we arrived at Ho Chi Minh until several hours later we were watching a full-blown tropical storm from the safety of the airport terminal. I decided to have a massage which I had been knocking back since the Sri Lanka trip but it was a good way to spend some transit time. Richard made use of the sleeping pod which was more than a pod as in there was standing room and floor space.

    We landed in sydney an hour earlier than expected and with an easy run through customs and immigration we were home by 10:00.
    Read more