Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 61

    Walking Out Over the City

    11. März in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    Today I took the bus into Georgetown to ride the elevator to the 65th floor and experience walking out onto the glass walkway.

    This is an amazing three part experience. For 58RM (foreigner senior rate) I will experience the top of the tallest building in Penang in three different ways. On emerging from the lift at level 65 of the Komtar tower we are firstly directed to a screening room. Thinking this is all a bit underwhelming while looking for the exit, all of a sudden the screens part and the expansive view across the north east corner of Georgetown is revealed.

    A few minutes are allowed before the screens close and we exit to the full observation level. This level has an indoor glass floor section, possibly intended to get you accustomed to the idea before heading upstairs for the real thing.

    On reaching level 68 I make my way through the restaurant and outside to the topmost floor outdoor deck. The unimpeded views from here are magnificent. There is a section for sunset and evening drinks as well as several novelty photo props. A trail of misting points strung between potted palms leads to the rainbow skywalk.

    I am instructed to cover my shoes with paper slipcovers before I can walk out and over the streets beneath. What an experience!

    Finally I return to level 65 to get rigged up for the outside walk. This involves being fitted up with a harness which is then hooked up to the guide who will lead. He is tethered to the cable that runs along the outside wall of the building
    Weiterlesen