Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 105

    On the road in Uruguay

    December 17, 2016 in Uruguay ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    During the past week we were exploring the coast of this small country by car. We started off in Colonia, a very cute town with beautiful avenues. After a short stop in the capital where we spent a freezing night in our mini van at the beach, we decided to sleep in hostels with warm blankets instead. We drove further East to Punto del Este which is supposed to be one of South America's most glamorous resorts. However, right before the holiday season starts, it seemed still very sleepy and it was hard to imagine that a big crowd will arrive so soon. In Cabo Polonia we had to leave our car at the park entry and continue our trip with a 4x4 truck on sandy roads. This rustic village at the coast is not connected to electricity yet and the people there are even more laid-back than the rest of the Uruguayanos :) Our last stop was Punto del Diablo, another cute beach town with plenty of small and colourful houses.
    Although we had bad luck with the unusual chilly temperature, driving on these big empty roads, seeing plenty of lighthouses and eating high quality food gave us a good glimpse of their lifestyle.
    Read more