Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Machu Picchu, Peru

    September 5, 2016 in Peru ⋅ ☀️ 3 °C

    We're here! Machu Picchu! We had to wake up pretty early to get to MP since we had our Huayna Picchu hike at 7am (have to start the hike by 8am).

    It was overcast and rainy in the beginning, so that really sucked. You could barely see anything with the clouds! We took a long ass detour to see the Inca Bridge and it was so foggy that we did not even see it. Turns out it was just this one plank. Yeah, that was not really worth it. Then we had to haul ass to get to Huayna Picchu to start our hike. Holy shit, that hike was tough because it was nonstop stairs. Once we got to the top, I was pretty winded that I did not even believe I was on top of Huayna Picchu. when deciding whether we wanted to hike Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Montana, we opted for Huayna since that was the more popular hike and gave you a nice view of Machu Picchu. Well, it was insane how high we were and that we were looking thousands of feet below to where we started. We then checked out the rest of Machu Picchu after our hike before we had to go back to Aguas Calientes to catch our train back to Ollantaytambo and then go back to Cusco. Busy day!

    P.S. I hate how they make you go one way throughout Machu Picchu. I get it as security reasons, but wow, that was a lot of walking just to get around the ruins.
    Read more