Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Travel Day

    June 13, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 77 °F

    Today we started in lovely Corydon, Indiana. We drove around because of the heat. There were lovely houses, buildings and views. It is a historic small town. We drove to New Albany and went to the Carnegie art Museum. It has a permanent exhibit titled: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Courage: Men & Women of the Underground Railroad. It was fascinating and thought provoking.
    https://www.carnegiecenter.org/

    The staff suggested that we go to the Second Baptist Church.
    http://www.townclockchurch.org/contact-us/
    It was interesting seeing the church and the dedicated garden and exhibit behind the church. Beneath the church are spaces that slaves hid after crossing the river and we were determined to see it. Nobody answered the phone so Jan called City Hall. The person that answered the phone went to ask the Mayor and he gave us two numbers to call. We struck out with the first number but found success with the second. He contacted someone who was willing to take us a tour. We had to wait a bit so we got a bite at the wonderful place next door. It was worth the wit. I wish I could tell you all of the things we learned but hopefully you can discover some of it by clicking on the links above.

    We all took pictures so they will come in more than one post today.

    We ended by watching the storm out our hotel window and then eating at a German restaurant. It was fabulous 👌
    Read more