Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 52

    Tulum, trying to find Happy Places...

    February 25, 2021 in Mexico ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    After one night in Cancun we drove to Tulum. Not really a scenic drive since it is 2 hours highway with no view. Once arrived  in Tulum we were a bit shocked when we tried to find a beach to see the sunset. We were not able to see the beach since on the main beach one big Beach Resort or Beach club next to each other reserved every centimeter of the beach. For sure you can go into a beach club and have to pay to see the beach... After 7 weeks of Costa Rica where we had the beaches nearly for us alone a bit scary. In between we talked to locals and did some research and we know now the places to go so we are happy again.
    Our best Trip so far was the adventure to the City COBA. It is a one hour Drive from Tulum and you can visit an old Maya city there. Real fun was to explore the Maya Buildings by Rental Bikes - Old Bikes but Bikes :-D

    Our most favourites are the Cenotes. Yucatan has about 7000 of it and you can find these Water holes with crystal clear blue Water as open lakes or as Caves. Again the most famous are may busy (we even didn´t tried) but you can find a lot of them without tourists. We decide on the numbers of cars at their parking areas.

    We are in Tulum until Saturday until we drive to the North of Yucatan. What we are really looking for is to see Mexico. Until now we do not feel like we have seen Mexico yet...

    A video of the first days can be seen here:

    https://www.freylights.com/our-travels/a-hike-a…
    Read more