Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Amazon Jungle/Travel to Baños

    March 23, 2023 in Ecuador ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We had breakfast this morning and left our lodge in Shandia on a private bus headed for Banos.

    We stopped at Devil's Waterfall on the way where we walked down an amazing rock face to see an incredible waterfall from the bottom - including some cool rainbows. We walked across a few cool suspension bridges as well to see the waterfall from different angles.

    We had a delicious (and huge!) lunch just outside the waterfall. Gab had trout (which has been introduced to the area from Canada but is very popular) and Daniel had steak. We then had a short drive in fhe bus to a cable car that went across the valley. The cable car was powered by a car engine! We experienced an amazing view of the canyon and waterfall suspended in the air.

    We then had a short drive to La Casa del Arbol (a famous treehouse which is home to the swing at the end of the world) and had heaps fun swinging off the edge and going on the flying fox! It is such a beautiful area! It was at a 2600m altitude so a bit of a difference from the lower areas we have come from in the Amazon.

    We then drove to Banos and checked into our hotel which is really lovely! Banos is quite a touristy town and is the central point for lots of different activities. It is definitely more built up than where we have been staying in The Amazon. We went to a local tourism office to talk about activities we can book for tomorrow and then we went to a restaurant for dinner with the group. We enjoyed yuca with guacamole and beef tacos. Then back to our hotel to sleep before more adventures tomorrow!
    Read more