Satellit
Auf Karte anzeigen
  • Tag 29

    Inca Trail Day 3

    15. April 2023 in Peru ⋅ ☁️ 12 °C

    Day 3 - our longest day of trekking!!

    Starting altitude: 2650m
    Finishing altitude: 2650m (but with some mountain climbing in between!)
    Distance covered: 16km
    Weather: It was pretty clear during the morning but in the afternoon (when we were descending), it was raining but not too heavy!

    We started with our same 5am wake up call with coca and breakfast at 5.30am (bread, omelette and tea). We left the campsite and headed for an Inca site at the top of the mountain (2 hours uphill) which would be our last big climb of the trek!

    At the Incan site, we learnt about how the construction techniques of the Incans were lost when the Spaniards invaded because they killed all the civil engineers and architects. That is why the same techniques have not been able to be passed on.

    It then started to rain a bit on our way to our lunch spot which consisted of an incredible buffet lunch (lots of different meats, vegetable and quinoa dishes) and much needed soup :) We then had a special dessert of a sponge cake which the chefs cooked at the top of the mountain!

    We then began our steep descent to our campsite where we passed more Incan sites before we arrived at camp around 4.30pm.
    We had our happy hour at 5.30pm as usual, followed by dinner of soup, crumbed chicken, rice and mashed potatoes.

    We then said goodbye to our porters as we wouldn’t be seeing them tomorrow before going to bed for our early start tomorrow! They have been truly incredible- we are not sure how they do it!!
    Weiterlesen