Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 33

    La Paz

    19 de abril de 2023, Bolívia ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    We caught a flight from Cusco to Lima (around 1hr 15mins), waited 3 hours and then caught a 3am flight from Lima to La Paz! It doesn't make much sense but there was no direct flight to La Paz. So at 6am Bolivia time (there is a one hour time difference between Peru and Bolivia) we arrived in Bolivia at 6am. We had a quick breakfast at the hotel and then slept until midday (as we had hardly slept most of the night!)

    Daniel went for a walk to get cash out and have lunch whilst Gab washed her hair/chilled out.

    We then went for an orientation walk around La Paz at 2.30pm to get introduced to the city. Bolivians definitely have a very different way of showing appreciation to pachamamma (Mother Earth) - they dehydrate baby llama foetuses and present them / purchase them to burn as an offering as well as various sweets. We saw the llama foetuses hanging in stores in the Witches Markets as well as other interesting potions and items! The streets around the Witches Markets have cool umbrellas and dolls hanging across the streets.

    We then walked to the local markets, passing some churches and the main square before arriving at an English pub for a late lunch. Gab enjoyed a steak and ale pie and watched the champions league game.

    After the game, some of the group headed up to one of the highest viewpoints in the city (around 4000m) to watch the sunset and see an amazing perspective of the city. The lights of the city are beautiful!

    We went back to the English pub for a drink and dessert before heading back to the hotel to play cards with some of the group before calling it an early night.
    Leia mais