Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 59

    Iguassu Falls

    May 15, 2023 in Brazil ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    We had an early breakfast before getting picked up to visit the Argentinian side of the falls today.
    We crossed the border back into Argentina and were dropped at the visitor centre and then boarded a train which took us to the viewpoint for Devils Throat - the tallest waterfall in Iguassu standing at approx 80 metres tall.

    We had some amazing views watching the water thunder down the cliff before heading back to the train. We caught the train to the mid point of the falls and made our way along the nature path at the top of the falls, taking in all the various angles of these amazing waterfalls. It was incredible to walk these paths and see the Falls from so many angles - truly so spectacular!

    We then had a quick lunch of empanadas before heading on our jet boat ride adventure into the falls! We were picked up in 4WDs and taking to the departure point where we were given dry bags and life vests before boarding the boat. On the bay, we also saw some Caymans sun baking. The ride started with a journey to the face of the falls where we saw yet another incredible view of the falls. The boat then took us into the falls numerous times where we got to have an authentic Iguassu shower, very refreshing (and super fun)!! We really enjoyed this experience!!
    We made our way back to the departure point where we unloaded our dry bags, got changed (as we were soaked!) and walked back up to the 4WDs which took us back to the visitor centre.

    On the way back to the hotel we were then given the option to cross the border into Paraguay - see other footprint!

    After visiting Paraguay, we came back to the hotel in Brazil (yes, 3 countries in one day!) to chill out with the group after a busy day.
    Read more