Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 85

    Iceland (Golden Circle Day)

    June 10, 2023 in Iceland ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    Today we spent our time exploring the Golden Circle of Iceland, making a number of stops along the way, including;
    -Gulfoss: Iceland’s most photographed waterfall - very beautiful!
    -Geyser: this is the place where the term ‘geyser’ comes from and we enjoyed a nice walk up to a viewpoint to see the Strokkur geyser erupt a few times!
    -Bruarfoss: another nice (lesser known) waterfall with very liand the final offical waterfall of our Iceland trip!
    -Efstidalur Farm: rural farm where we saw cows and horses as well as trying the ice cream made at the farm from the cows milk
    -Thingvellir National Park: the site where two tectonic plates meet. It was very cool seeing how the rock faces had split apart from each other. It is also the historical site where parliament used to be held and so contained some cool buildings such as a chapel and the prime ministers summer residence. We also then saw our surprise last waterfall of Iceland!
    -Kerid Crater: our last stop of the day to see naturally occurring crater due to tectonic movement.

    We then made our way to the campsite which was at a scout centre and had some cool facilities like an obstacle course and frisbee golf course. We had some noodles for dinner and played some cards in the common area :)
    Read more