Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 99

    Stockholm —> Copenhagen

    24 Jun 2023, Denmark ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Today, we only had a half day in Stockholm as we were leaving in the afternoon, so we decided to visit their city hall, which just happened to be celebrating its 100 year birthday!

    We bought our tickets for the bell tower and then went for a nice long walk along the harbour (exploring a different island) while we waited for our time slot. We even managed to come across a ‘beach’ where there were some locals our enjoying the sun! We made our way up the bell tower and had a fantastic view over Stockholm. It was a really nice way to end our time there as we were able to see all the places we had walked the past few days in Stockholm. We had learnt on our walking tour that when the artictect was building the city hall, he visited Copenhagen and measured the height of Copenhagen's spire on its town hall and ended up designing and building Stockholm's spire 40cm higher than the spire of Copenhagen's town hall - another way the Swedes like to poke fun at the Danes!

    We came back to the hostel to get our bags and chill out whilst we waited for our train. We caught the train around 4pm and made a quick change at Malmo before crossing the border over the Oresund Bridge at around 9pm. Daniel was particularly happy about this and in full civil engineer dork mode! The ‘Öresundsbron’ is the longest (8km) bridge in Europe which spans the strait between Denmark and Sweden, but what makes it unique is that it meets an artificial island in the middle of the straight and then continues for another 4km in a tunnel until it meets the Danish coast.

    We arrived in Copenhagen around 10pm and explored our huge hostel and its facilities before turning in for the night.
    Baca lagi