Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 122

    Venice —> Tuscany

    July 17, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    After a late night, we got up early, said goodbye to Venice (and Alex and Nicky who were heading to the Dolomites for a few days) and made our way back to the airport to pick up our hire car. After walking around the airport for an hour and a half in the boiling heat and asking multiple people for assistance trying to find our shuttle to the car hire place, we gave up and caught a 10 minute taxi to the car hire place. After waiting a long time there (they definitely needed more than one man working in the office), w were in our little Lancia (or as we named it, Lancey).

    Having driven a couple of times on the other side of the road on this trip already, and both times being in larger vans, it was much easier for Daniel to adapt to the car and driving as we headed south towards Tuscany. We made a quick stop in Bologna to fuel up with some food (huge pizzas!) and had a nice walk around in the heat before making our way to Tuscany.

    We checked into our apartment in Villa Le Corti, a beautiful winery which has been operating since the 14th century. Daniel went for a quick walk around the estate whilst Gab attempted to cool the place down - the temperature had been around 40 degrees all day and was still close to 30!

    We were both pretty tired from the heat and driving so had a very quiet night before going to sleep.
    Read more