Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 124

    Tuscany

    July 19, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    We started a bit earlier today and way our way to Pisa, to see the world's most famous poorly constructed tower!

    There was a fair bit of traffic getting into Pisa so instead of taking 1 hour 10 minutes it took close to 2 hours by the time we found a parking spot! We walked through the plaza into the grounds of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. We spent way too long and had lots of fun taking the obligatory holding up/pushing down/kicking photos before exploring the grounds and making our way back to the car. We also viewed the cathedrals and other buildings around which was very cool before getting a little lost trying to find out way back to the car!

    We then made our way to Lucca, which had been recommended by Daniel’s boss and it did not disappoint! The centre of Lucca is completely walled and so we explored from all angles, the small narrow streets and the wide fortresses. We chatted away and then got our daily gelato - salted caramel/pistachio for a Daniel and hazelnut/rum & cookies for Gab. Very delicious and again needed even with the hot weather!

    We then made our way back to our accommodation, making a quick stop at Montegufoni where Daniel stayed with his family over 16 years ago, as well as a sunflower field for a quick photo! Even though we had spent around 4 hours driving, we still managed to walk over 20,000 steps on this adventure!

    We went back for a quick shower before heading into the local town of San Casciano for a delicious dinner of salsiccia (sausage) pizza and seafood risotto, followed by panna cotta for dessert. All very delicious!! We then went back to chill out and watch a movie before going to bed.
    Read more