Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 127

    Cinque Terre

    July 22, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    We had a bit of a sleep in today before hiking south of Riomaggiore to Punte Pineda, a lookout further down the coast. Nicky and Alex stayed at the Airbnb and did their own thing while we went on this adventure.

    We took in some large breaths as we climbed vertically out of Riomaggiore and took in some incredible views once we were at the top! We then followed the main road for a bit before then descending down towards the lookout point where we had some more incredible views! It was starting to get pretty hot so we decided to turn around and make our way back to Riomaggiore, chatting and taking in the views as we did so. We thought the walk would be about an hour each way but with the elevation (and the heat) it took about 2 hours there and another hour back!

    After that effort, we grabbed some arancini and fish in cones for lunch before meeting up with Alex and Nicky at the beach for chats, chilling and swims. The beach is very rocky and the waves were quite strong in that area so we mostly sat on the edge of the rocks and enjoyed the water splashing on us! It was getting pretty hot so we all opted for an afternoon gelato on our way back to the place - today's flavours consisted of: mixed berries; ginger and orange; ricotta and honey; and mango. Delicious!

    We then chilled back at the place for a bit and enjoyed the views from the balcony before we bought some takeaway pizza for dinner and together walked up to a bar on the side of the cliff! After 20 minutes of straight stairs and being covered in sweat due to the heat, we arrived at the bar and had a stunning view over the ocean and of the sunset as we enjoyed some cocktails and snacks. We had gelato cocktails (with a lot of cream) which were so delicious! Just as we were about to leave, Alex and Nicky joined us and so we stayed for a little bit longer for another drink before descending down and back to our Airbnb.
    Read more