Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 130

    Cinque Terre —> Rome

    July 25, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    We said goodbye to our paradise in Cinque Terre and go the train back to Florence.

    We had a bit of a stopover until our connecting train and so we opted for a quick lunch at McDonalds to make use of the wifi and air-conditioning before catching the train to Rome (a high speed train which took about an hour).

    We arrived in Rome around 3.30pm and made our way to our accommodation (while sweating wearing our backpacks in the heat!). After settling into our accomodation, we walked around Piazza Navona and saw the Pantheon. We also had to have some gelato (it was very hot and we are in Rome, after all!) We shared a cone with hazelnut and salted caramel.

    We then headed back to our place with Nicky and Alex. We split up for the night going out for separate dinners. We went out for a delicious pasta dinner (Gab had ravioli and Daniel had cabornara and we shared an amazing bruschetta and pitcher of wine). We then enjoyed a nice long walk along the water before our second gelato stop for the day for desert. We shared a cone with two scoops: passionfruit and mango; and maccadamia and mixed berries. Great end to the day!
    Read more