Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 143

    Athens —> Dubrovnik

    August 7, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    We got up early in Athens and caught a flight to Dubrovnik. We arrived at Athens airport around 9.30 and met back up with Alex and Nicky for the last leg of their trip.

    There was lots of traffic heading into the city from the airport so unfortunately by the time we dropped our bags at the Airbnb we didn’t make our walking tour we had booked in. However, we made the most of it and walked around the old town on our own, admiring the 500 year old walls which Dubrovnik is so famous for. Nicky and Alex did their own thing at the Airbnb and went to the beach.

    The Matildas FIFA World Cup final game happened to be playing in an Irish pub so we sat down with a drink and watched Australia beat Denmark! The pub was completely full of Aussies!

    After the game, we walked around for a little bit more before going back to the Airbnb to chill out. We freshened up and then went out to dinner with Nicky and Alex for pizzas and burgers along the water and then tried the local craft brewery, Dubrovnik Beer Company.

    After a few drinks and some chats, we went back to the Airbnb for some cards and a much needed sleep!
    Read more