Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 184

    Prague

    September 17, 2023 in Czech Republic ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    We had a bit of a slower morning today after a big day of walking yesterday. We did a couple of calls to family back home and a workout in the park on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning in Prague.

    We made our way into the old town around lunch time to visit the Czech beer museum! It was very cool seeing the history of beer production in the Czech Republic over the years and learnt that the Pilsner style of beer was in fact created in the Czech city of Pilsen, west of Prague. There was also some interesting information about the Budweisser name which was a Czech beer and then a Czech man who went to America started his own beer called Budweisser. This commenced many trademark disputes!

    We then got to enjoy some large tasters of beers produced around Prague which we enjoyed in the cool courtyard. After finishing off our beers, we headed for our ‘Medieval Night’ experience. This had been recommended by our English friend Tommy and it did not disappoint! It is a three course meal located in an underground tavern style restaurant with unlimited alcohol and lots of live medieval performances, including bagpipe playing, belly dancing, fire twirling jostling fights and many different costumes. We also ate our body weight in pork with what was definitely one of the biggest pork knuckles we had ever seen! The fire twirling/breathing at the end was definitely a highlight!

    We took one last walk around the old town main square before heading back to the hostel for a few games of cards and some sleep.
    Read more