Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 70

    Ft Worth Stock Exchange

    October 31, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 64 °F

    Almost as an afterthought, Celia mentioned the historical Fort Worth Stock Exchange as a great place to visit. It was, indeed, fabulous! The stock exchange has roots in the 19th century and is still in use today. They maintain a small herd of longhorn cattle, and herd them down the brick street once a day for the tourists ... that's US. The little museum was interesting, the old building reeked of history, and the cattle were fearsome. Gordon enjoyed schmoozing with the wrangler before the "cattle run" (more like a cattle stroll).

    Before heading south through the still gray weather, we decided to fortify ourselves. Finding no interesting restaurants in the vicinity we prowled the tourist shops on-site. We noticed someone eating something that did not appear to be on the otherwise ordinary, tourist shop style menu. It was the seasonal brisket stew ... and was it DELICIOUS! Savory, aromatic, loaded with vegetables as well as tender meat, and only $6. We split a bowl, and waddled contentedly across the antique brick street to our car and headed south.
    Read more