Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Departure Day

    April 19, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 57 °F

    How exciting!! Six of you managed to comment on yesterday's post, and more sent emails. NOW I'm getting in the spirit. We leave today and will try to post every day.

    As far as planned itinerary goes, the first place we talked about was Canada … but family plans required that we leave too early to be sure of the weather. So we changed our destination to Montana/Wyoming/South Dakota … but then we worried about maybe the weather wouldn’t cooperate there either, so we started thinking mayyyyyybe Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona …. but then, we started thinking if we’re considering the Southwest, then mayyyyyyybe we should go to Florida which is conspicuously missing on our geezer-mobile map. Gordon said he would not be surprised to find that we end up in someplace we haven't even discussed.

    The general plan for the coming week is to head for Wyoming. It appears that if we are lucky, we will be moving just one jump ahead of the rain. Plans for where to spend tonight are still in flux. I suggested perhaps we just need to get a pet ladybug, toss her on a map and see which direction she goes. But what if she just flies away?

    Stay tuned.
    Read more