Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    The Clutch of Consciousness

    April 25, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 41 °F

    We both awoke feeling a little foggy this morning. Took our time over morning routine, and finally got going to find the recreation center. Gordon had been very much looking forward to working out to help his ailing back. The day fee was very reasonable, but turns out they have no equipment … only a gym and a very large pool full of frolicking families. A fine place, but did not fit the bill.

    We stumbled over to the closest decent-looking breakfast place to see about some coffee and something to eat: the Bunnery Bakerey & Restaurant. What a find! We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast with eggs, bacon, and a signature whole grain pancake with real wild blueberries and Vermont maple syrup. Laurie, it turns out I was ahead of my time. Millet (aka birdseed) is now the hip grain, and added a delightful crunch along with the oats and sunflower seeds in our pancake.

    I told the waitress we needed plenty of coffee as we were feeling fuzzy this morning. She said, “Everyone is. It’s in the air. It’s the clutch of consciousness.”

    Well, I thought that just explained everything as I felt pretty clutched in my consciousness. Gordon later clarified that she said, “Collective consciousness,” but I am suspicious that he just heard what he expected.

    Feeling very well fed and reenergized, we headed out to explore a few more shops that had been closed yesterday. The By Nature Gallery (bynaturegallery.com)
    is not to be missed! They have an incredible assortment of gemstones, fossils, and unusual nature based artwork such as castings of anthills. The gentleman behind the counter (possibly the owner) was a true enthusiast and spent a good amount of time with us explaining everything. Gordon is pictured below with a cast of an actual T-Rex skull that you can buy (for a small phenomenal fee) and put in your living room … if it is big enough.
    Read more