Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Bozeman

    April 27, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 37 °F

    Looking at the weather, we agree we made the right choice. Almost every town we'd planned to go to in Wyoming is expecting snow and more snow for at least the coming week. By contrast, we saw this lovely sight in front of our restaurant in Bozeman.

    Our intended restaurant was the Bozeman Ale House, known for it's good pub food and excellent beers. They were closed for some reason, so we poured over our options, hoping to find something similar. I had pooh poohed Ted's Montana Steakhouse as a chain, but Gordon convinced me that under duress it could be considered a LOCAL chain, since he DOES grow his cows here, and it IS called the MONTANA steakhouse. It was a good choice. The burgers were fantastic, and we still got our local brews, also top notch.

    We are staying at the Bozeman KOA, which is no longer a KOA but is now owned by Bozeman Hot Springs right next door. As part of staying here, we can go soak in the springs, which we happily did after dinner. It's a family oriented place with a number of pools, large and small, hot, medium and cold. Lots of kids playing in the big one with their parents. We even went outside to try the two new outdoor pools but turned around as it was raining and 40 degrees. But we did have a delightful soak.

    We are now unwinding in the geezer-mobile, cozy inside, listening to a gentle rain outside.
    Read more