Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 85

    Our abode to be

    January 20, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 75 °F

    We have signed the papers and July 1 we will move into our freshly built home in the Del Webb Ponte Vedra community in Nocatee Florida. We have not stopped thinking about the community since we visited it in December. It has so much we are interested in: warm weather somewhat modified by its proximity to the coast, a community with activities we are interested in as a way to make friends, proximity to good healthcare and to cities with great amenities, airport, etc. We are only 5 minutes to the shopping in the community, and 15 minutes to the nearest Fresh Market.

    This particular community has a couple of bonuses, a big one being that it is part of a larger planned community that is all ages with activities and facilities of its own so we can easily interact and make friends with people younger than ourselves and rub elbows with kids if we want. It has a 7 mile bike and walking path that takes you directly to the ocean beach. The community is surrounded by permanent greenbelt areas that will never be developed. Though houses are very close together, our own house and immediate neighborhood backs up to one of those green areas. Gordon had thought he would not be able to have a garden outside of pots, but that was not correct so he is feeling cheerful about that. Though right now he is focussing on the many many pots of citrus and gardenias he can get going right away.

    We scoot in and out of the jitters having made such a rash decision, though really we have been looking around for a while. But I am reassured by my lovely mom who showed up to sit on my shoulder and encourage me. She made many such rash decisions and never looked back ... and was blessed by each one.

    Oh ... and we will have a guest room. AND we are only 2 hours from Disneyworld for those of you who care. And who wouldn't?
    Read more