Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 129

    Day before our flight

    March 5, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 37 °F

    Are we nervous?

    Sorry about our prolonged silence. Honestly ... one might think since we've been on the road for 3 months, we would be already half packed and ready to go. But there were a ZILLIION details to take care of and flights and car reservations were only the beginning.

    As you can see, we purchased some LOVELY suitcases from Target. The large one promises to hold enough for a 3-5 day trip. The smaller one, just 2 days. This time we took to heart the admonition to pack what you think you will need and cut it in half.

    I know you might not believe it, but we've experienced a lot of trepidation and nervousness. We wonder if we still have what it takes for spontaneous foreign travel. What if we're too old? What if the beds are too uncomfortable? What if we can't find some product we ALWAYS use? Perhaps this is an indication that we need to move further out of our comfort zone.

    Yesterday we dropped our trailer off in a storage place 45 minutes north of here. This morning, I am feeling annoyed that I have to wear (and hence get dirty) clothes from my suitcase. If this is what I'm reduced to worrying about, we may be just about ready.
    Read more