Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 243

    Where's Waldo? Or in our case: Joe

    June 27, 2017 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 75 °F

    Joe, the truck driver finally called us. He thinks that he can be here Friday morning, but he doesn't know if there will be people to be unload. He will get back to us later and let us know.

    But we did get to spend some time in our house today. The installer from Comcast was supposed to arrive between 10 and noon this morning. So we were there waiting. It would have been an opportunity to call some vendors, but there is no cell phone coverage inside the house. Someone said that the houses are built with some sort of metal mesh in the ceiling to help keep the roofs on in hurricanes. I don't know if he was pulling my leg, but while cell phone service outside the house is at least middlin', as soon as you walk inside, nada. At least we are protected from the government using mind control beams on us. I'm not sure we packed our tin foil hats.

    But back to Comcast... the installer showed up at 2 and did not finish until almost 4. Well, he wasn't quite done, as we left, he was still waiting for someone else to come with a drill to attach the outside cable junction to the wall.

    So, while I had planned on getting drivers licenses, car plates, trash service, lawn service and a few other things done... oh well, there is always tomorrow. Heathers only comment is, "harrumph."

    Oh, but we did meet one of our next door neighbors, Danny and Barb. They were quite friendly and we had an immediate rapport when we learned they are cat lovers. They said we can pet their geriatric kitty whenever we want.
    Read more