Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 2

    The Picnic, Waterloo, and Whole Foods

    2. juli 2021, Forente stater ⋅ ⛅ 90 °F

    Catching a second wind after our morning cruising the city on our e-bikes, it was time to explore other iconic spaces in Austin.

    Austin is known for its collection of food trucks parked in interesting locations throughout the city. The Picnic is a food truck park and outdoor eating area.

    We didn't know what to expect when we arrived. There were a handful of food trucks gathered in a circle under a giant canopy: The Mighty Cone, Have A Taco, The Burger Truck, Habibi ATX, and Coat & Thai. Food-wise we could choose from tacos, burgers, lobster rolls, pizza, Cajun, Meditterrean, fare, Thai, or meat, fish, or salad in a fried cone! There was even a food truck selling specially prepared treats for your special four-legged pooch, the Original Dog Treat Truck!

    After a tasteful lunch, we left the Picnic and headed to Waterloo Records & Videos. Another Austin icon, think Amoeba Records in Hollywood at about one-third the space!

    Waterloo had a nice vibe with bins full of vinyl and CDs from everywhere: foreign, domestic, and locally, and a performing stage for live in-house performances. We browsed the aisles looking through their cool collection of vintage, r&b, rock, funk, and old-school records and videos. Lot's of surprised finds in this small record shop!

    Exiting Waterloo's, we headed across the street to Whole Foods Market. This location is the flagship store and the first Whole Foods Market of the chain! While there were no distinguishing
    features that differentiated it from any other Whole Foods location, it's nice to know that we visited the first store in Austin!

    Jumping into a Lyft, we headed to the Texas Capitol to meet up with the group for our walking tour of historical Black Austin.
    Les mer