Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Lake Toba, Indonesia

    January 23, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Today we went to Lake Toba by bus - so after breakfast we called a cab by an app called gojek to the central bus station (what a relief, no more bargaining, not knowing the real price). At the bus station the bus was ready to go, what a wonderful coincidence ❤️.
    It was one of these Asian bus adventures - well I remember similar Nigerian bus adventures... I doubt that this bus would get any permission to do anything in Europe, nowhere in Europe... But everything went pretty smooth and after a short time we were well integrated in the bus community. 5,5h later we arrived at the lake and took a boat.
    This time we had to wait one hour until it left but it was fine for buying some fruit on the market and chatting with some people. The boat did not plan to go to our hotel but adding 30 cent per person, the captain dropped us directly at our hotel, which is at the shore of the lake. So now we’re laying on our deck chairs, enjoying the fresh breeze and enjoyable temperature. And tomorrow, we’re up for another adventure since we need to get our visa extended, and that can be quite an adventure in Indonesia... well, we’ll see 🤪.
    Read more