Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 53

    Tuangku, Banyak Islands, Indonesia

    February 2, 2020 in Indonesia ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    Our first stop was at 14:00 in Suka Makmur on Tuangku island. It’s a very small village and it seems like only very little tourists pass by. Two guys left the boat who transported a theodolite or some similar measuring device.
    After that, we passed a lot of small islands since the Banjak islands are an archipelago of almost 1000 island, some bigger and some pretty small.
    The next stop was at 14:30 in Yaahowu on the same island, where we unloaded most of the other goods like the cable, the fridges, the gas, the steal and so on and most of the other people left the boat - this took quite a while. It was amazing to sit in the shadow on the boat and watch how they manage to get the stuff out of and from the boat and how they organized the transport away from the jetty - it was like watching a documentary on arte 🤪.
    Then went on to our final stop: Haloban, on the same island - we arrived there at 15:45.
    But this was not our final destination... we still needed to hop on another island called Tambarat, but since there in no „public boat“ to Tambarat we needed to get a fisherboat to bring us there. We found captain Wawan and after he went out for shopping some fruit for Ira & Viki (our hosts in Tambarat) we left half an hour later with a boat full of food and water. The final part of our trip took us round about 40 minutes and we arrived save and sound at or final destination at 17:30. Finally, 19,5 hours after we left Lake Toba. It was an amazing experience and we were so happy that we chose this kind of transportation (alternatively we could have ordered a personal speedboat directly from Singkil to Tambarat island). We saw so many new thing and met so many nice people ❤️❤️❤️ - when I watch the photos a big smile covers my face.
    Ira, our host for the next few days in Tambarat welcomed uns and prepared some very delicious food - instantly we felt at home.
    More about Tambarat in my next entry....
    Read more