Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Chorros de Epina, Gomera, Spain

    November 8, 2021 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    today we went for an adventure. the actual plan was to go for a panoramic round hike from epina direction ermita de santa clara but i will come back to the hike later, first i will tell you about the adventure...
    we started in vallehermose by bus and also planned to come back by bus since there is a bus stop directly at chorros de epina where the hike starts and ends. so after we finally finished the hike we waited for the bus to go back home but... 5min, 10min, 15min, 20min, no bus... after 20 minutes at the bus station it was getting quite cold in the chilly wind. i cursed myself because earlier i had sent a taxi away with the words: the bus is coming soon. what was the situation now? pitch black night, somewhere in the nowhere, only one house (closing restaurant) with a bus stop up on the hill, looooong serpentines down the valley, no bus and no cars….
    yeah well…
    buuuuuut since i always carry a knife, a folding rule, a lighter and a *headlamp* we started to walk down the valley in the chilly wind *but* with my wonderful HEADLAMP until…
    …i saw a car coming down the hill.... fortunately the car needed to reduce the speed because there was a small building site. actually the guy didn't want to stop but since in no time at all i opened my braid and hopped like a young deer towards the car, he had no choice 😜. it was a nice guy who lives in vallehermoso since 15 years and originally comes from germany. so this guy brought us home, he had a nice chat and we had a great hitchhike - the first since years. it was a *wonderful* adventure!
    but maybe you want to have some information about the hike? weeeeeeell hardly any hike on la gomera offers such wonderful views and such easy paths as this pleasure tour from chorros de epina to ermita de santa clara. if the tour is too long for you, you can do without a detour to the chapel. the round takes about 4-5 hours, is 12-13 kilometers long and overcomes 710 vertical meters (depending on if you do the detour or not). but without the adventure it wouldn't even have been half the fun 😂.
    Read more